I know, I know….I’m a bit late on the 4th of July desserts. Anyone who knows me knows how much I don’t like to conform to the majority and EVERYONE sends out 4th of July before the holiday. My recipe would just end up getting deleted or thrown into the spam box along with the million others and then you would never know how deliciously, scrumptious this recipe I am about to share with you is.
And we can’t have that now can we!!!!
So I figured I’d send out my holiday contribution after the fact and give everyone a chance to simply make a summer dessert rather than a holiday one and alleviate the pressure as this dessert is sooooo good that it will no doubt blow everyone who tastes it away.
And with that introduction, I bet you’re shaking with anticipation at what could possibly be this heavenly dessert that teases your taste buds with tantalization???
I probably should have given it a better name, but ultimately it has come to known as Red, White, and Blue Cobbler. Comprised of strawberries, blueberries, and cream cheese, this fluffy goodness is a favorite for dessert and breakfast lovers alike. I guarantee the pan will be empty before you even have a moment to put it in the fridge for later!
Red, White, and Blue Cobbler
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
1/2 c Butter (melted)
1 c milk
1 c all-purpose flour
1 1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 c halved strawberries
2 c blueberries
4 ounces cream cheese (cut into small pieces)
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Pour the melted butter into a 9×13 glass baking dish and tilt to coat all the sides.
- In a small bowl, place the washed blueberries and 1/2 c sugar. Toss to make sure evenly coated. Set to the side for 15-20 min.
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together milk, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Pour batter into the prepared dish and mix together with butter.
- Wash and prepare the strawberries, taking care to slice them evenly down the center. Place the halves face down into the batter, spacing them out. Place the blueberries between the strawberries, alternating along with pieces of cream cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 until top is golden brown.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!!
Sorry I don’t have a finished pic. I totally forgot to take a final pic as my husband was so excited to taste it. Guess we will be making it again….