You ever have those days where time is not on your side. You’re running around like a chicken with its head cut off, doing a million and two things, but cant seem to find an extra minute to put together dessert for that evening.
Trust me; we’ve all been there and we all dread those moments when we realize that we don’t have another second to put aside.
Well fear no longer! I came upon a recipe that makes a scrumptious dessert with little to no effort. Simply throw the ingredients into a crock pot and let time do its thing. Come back to eat and enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 2.5-3 hours
- 1 box Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ chocolate fudge cake mix*
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 box (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips (2-3 cups depending on how much chocolate you like)
- In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer as directed on cake mix box.
- Spray 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and pour into slow cooker.
- In a separate bowl, beat pudding mix with 2 cups milk as directed on box. Pour into slow cooker over cake batter. Do not mix.**
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over top and cover.
- Cook on a low heat setting for 2 hours 30 minutes to 3 hours or until cake is set and pudding is beginning to bubble out of cake.
- Scoop out into a bowl and serve alone or with vanilla ice cream on top.
*The original recipe calls for a triple chocolate cake mix, but I felt this was a chocolate overload so I changed to a chocolate fudge cake so cut the sweetness down
**When pouring, be careful not to pour too hard into the cake batter inside the crock pot. If the pudding mixes with the batter, it wont set properly and will be a nice warm mess when serving. Only the cake that touches the side will end up cooking.
Follow Icing on the Page for updates on the New book releases and recipes each week. Comment on options of the review/recipe, book request that you’d like us to look into, and questions or anything on your mind…